THE FIELD TRIP REPORT
1..... The REPORT must be Typed and in the following order:
• Begin with a cover sheet with everyone’s name and class on it.
• One diary of the day’s events. For group work, put all comments into one diary.
Do not include notes and detailed lecture material because the diary is about
what you saw and did, not what I said. Just indicate that there was lecture.
• The answers to the questions in the order that they are given. Some times the
answer to one question is a hint about the next question’s answer. Your report
will not be graded if they are not in order.
• Be sure to place all appropriate sketches with the answers and not at the back.
I will take off points if they are not in the appropriate places.
• If the questions include a map, be sure that it may be read easily and that the
legend is on the front or on a separate sheet of paper.
• Use your critical thinking standards when answering the questions.
• Use the rear pocket of your folder for all pre-trip assignments. If someone
doesn’t have their assignment, only they will be penalized.
• The report will not be graded if not in your folder.
Optional Extra Credit: you may earn an extra 10% of your field trip grade by
picking up trash and removing it from the environment and not from trash cans
or your lunch box. Bring a plastic or paper bag from the store and gloves or a trash
stick if you would like to aid the environment. You will need to fill the bag for the
points. If the trash bag is a group effort, then the points will be split among your
3..... Note about stores:
• Trips are planned with few if any places to spend money. Bring what you need!
4..... Note about bathrooms:
• Most trips do not have bathroom stops until about lunch; caffeinated drinks are
strongly discouraged first thing in the morning.
• No single person or small group of people have the right to impose their needs
due to poor planning on the rest of the group.
5..... What to bring on the trip:
• Bring water, and extra water! You will not be allowed to attend the field trip if DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PLACE YOUR HANDS OR FEET INTO A PLACE THAT
you do not have water with you.
• Lunch! We don’t stop at fast food places.
• Bring the finished pre trip assignment list and get it initialed. It is due as we leave Chaffey.
• Bring something to take notes on. I suggest a small notebook or clipboard. Yes,
you may tape your observations but you will also be required to do some sketches on most trips.
YOU CAN NOT SEE INTO; YOU DON’T WANT TO WAKE A SLEEPING RATTLE SNAKE,
SCORPION, OR A HOMELESS PERSON WHO MIGHT GET ANGRY!